According to this legend, the city government, which wanted to drink, he ordered a girl named Manda take water from Lake Mandu evac (now a fountain), using the construction: 'Zagrabi, Mando!'. There is an assumption that the name Zagreb is connected with the Zagros Iran. The climate of Zagreb, wet subtropical with four distinct seasons. Summers are hot and winters – cold. The average winter temperature – 1 C, average summer temperature – 20 C. Especially the hot end of May. temperatures above 30 C.
Highest recorded temperature – 40.4 C in July 1950, the lowest -27.3 C in February 1956. Zagreb – a city rich in history. The first recorded appearance of the name of Zagreb 1094 year. While the city existed as two different City: smaller, eastern Kaptol (Kaptol), inhabited mainly clergy who lived in Zagreb Cathedral, and a large, western Grades (Gradec), inhabited mainly by farmers and traders. Grades and Zagreb were merged in 1851. During the existence of Yugoslavia, Zagreb was a major business center in the country. After the disintegration of Yugoslavia, Zagreb became the capital of Croatia.
History of Zagreb much earlier than the date of 1094, when the Hungarian King Ladislav (Ladislaus) founded a diocese. Next to the bishop began to develop the quarter, which developed in the north of the Cathedral, as well as the quarter Gradec on a nearby hill. Today is the last – the Upper Town of Zagreb and is one of the stored urban neighborhoods.
Consequences of a military disaster was so great that it even affected the fate of the northern states Maya – the destiny of Tikal and Calakmul. History of Copan in usual presentation begins with the appearance here of the royal dynasty (426 AD). Yaks K'uk 'Mo, sent the Divine King of Tikal from hundreds of kilometers from the capital into the depths of the jungle, wandered into the valley of Copan. Here he founded his dynasty – built a 'family hearth and home' and established the cult of the god, the patron of his own family. Three days later, Yaks K'uk Mo repeated celebration of Quirigua – reported by another inscription carved on the stone, which scientists have recently deciphered. Copan was lying in a fertile river valley, where centuries of settled farmers, cultivating maize. Royal city grew rapidly. Not without reason, archaeologists approx Rest of his 'Paris of the Maya': people flocked here from all surrounding areas.
Scientists have discovered traces of Copan in the obvious presence of foreign 'guest workers'. In many ways, prosperity of the city ensured that his government controlled a large deposit of jade in the Motagua Valley. For the Maya, jade was more valuable than gold: it produced a variety of masks and decorations, and delight us today. However, gradually increased and the rulers of the town of Quirigua. They have been handier to control the place of production Jade, by the same authorities Quirigua held in his hands and an important trade route, padded to the Pacific Ocean.
The content of education is determined by scientific interest lecturing academics. Preserved curriculum (from 1726) and lists of students (1726-33). At first, students were few, the majority – the foreigners, including Russian – V. Adodurov, I. etc. Later in the aa have. began to translate the best students from the Moscow Slavic-Greek-Latin Academy, and other religious schools. Guide Academy has ignored the needs of the university; because of insufficient contingent of students lectures were given intermittently, and actually broke down in 1732-38.
New charter an (1747) proclaimed the independence of A During the rector sp Krasheninnikov (1750-55) were held regular classes are introduced exams, strengthened with the Academic Gymnasium. The best students were transferred at the end of the University of adjuncts, Academy of Sciences, received a master's degree, to encourage students was established 30 scholarships. In 1758-65 A. y. led mv Lomonosov (taught since 1742). His work contributed to the improvement and regular publication of curricula, improvement of teaching. Attempts to convert the University of A in full Petersburg State University does not met with sympathy in government circles.
After the death of University of A had fallen into disrepair. In the second half of the xviii century. its function is partly Academic Gymnasium (until 1805). Among the graduates – aa Barsov, M. E. Golovin, vf Zuev, Krasheninnikov, I. . Some historians believe the Leningrad A. y. precursor of St. Petersburg University. Housed together with the Academic Gymnasium on Trinity Court (corner of 5 th Line Vasilevsky Island and Large embankment of the Neva), s1765 – the home of Baron Stroganov Tuchkova on the waterfront (the house was not kept).